The following services are provided to sponsors:
- Designated coordinator of sponsored student programs.
- Submission of agency reports and questionnaires to facilitate student placement.
- Assistance with admissions processes and liaison with KU undergraduate and/or graduate admissions offices. Facilitate communication between admissions, academic programs and sponsor during application review process.
- Liaison between sponsor and academic and administrative departments regarding admissions placement, program information, and change of majors.
- Specialized orientation services and programming.
- Assistance and coordination of financial arrangements such as helping students understand the Student Account Service requirements, setting up third-party billing, and special processing.
- Facilitation of communication between sponsor and sponsored students.
- Guidance to students regarding sponsor policies, procedures and paperwork including health insurance waivers, financial guarantees and release forms.
- Liaison with the Department of Student Housing to reserve on-campus housing for students (if requested by sponsor), provide information regarding housing options and procedures.
- Student counseling on matters such as housing, general advising, health or family concerns and other personal issues.
- Provision of regular and special academic progress reports to the sponsoring organization as required and issuance of transcripts at the end of each regular semester.
- Coordination and hosting of campus visits to KU, including meetings with students, admission offices, as well as other university units and officials.
- Special handling of letters and documentation for students and sponsors.
- Regular visits to sponsors based in Washington, D.C.
In order to cover the costs of maintaining a centralized function for sponsors and students, an administrative fee of $250 per student each term (fall, spring, and summer) will be assessed for all sponsored students. The fee will be added to the student’s Bursar’s Office account and apply to all enrolled sponsored international students.